Monday, January 2, 2012

Song Writing Assignment


“Fly Paper” by John Fitzgerald


Redundant like an ignorant ignoramus
I’m not even famous
Pen plus paper equals heinous
…Rhymes in times like these
A decent joke is like a cool breeze-
Never seen… like when a horse walks into a bar
A celebrity on heroin; call ‘em a shooting star
get high on life?
It seems they’ve built up a tolerance
My pockets must be blind
Because they haven’t seen a dollar since
Funny how I find a way to keep smiling
Like when I found out ‘booty call’ doesn’t mean ‘butt dialing’
I’m a villainous hero, a caped crusader
I’ll burn you like a slip n’ slide made out of sandpaper
Addicted to my rhymes
Call it hooked on phonics
Your team is nonexistent; Seattle Supersonics
I’ve gotta be honest, this rap thing’s pretty easy
So why’s everyone givin’ all the credit to weezy?
I’m like the little engine that didn’t even bother
Mad as baby new year looking for his biological father
Economic BOOM, sellin’ atoms by the slice
Rhymes scarier than skinny jeaned 8th graders on bikes
Paradoxically speaking,
The aroma is wreaking-
Havoc like a gas line left leaking.
I just can’t stop, man, my thoughts are corrupt
You want some fries with that shake? Or Two girls with that cup?
Sorry, that was kinda inappropriate,
 got a problem with that? You can talk to my associate
I think I’m on to something,
 but it’s so hard to express
I guess that’s what happens when the fresh prince ain’t feelin so fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment